[Lazarus] OT Re: Please remove Arabic language from the release version

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 20:48:14 CEST 2012

SCNR

On 4-8-2012 18:25, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 4 August 2012 12:17, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> So yes, Afrikaans has 100% native
> terms for the computer related subjects, and so too it has native
> names  science, biology (eg: plant names) etc. I'm teaching my 3 year
> old son Afrikaans now, and it is amazing how damn confusing the
> English language is. Afrikaans is a much better defined language
> compared to English.
Perhaps Afrikaans is your mother tongue, in which case you may be a bit
biased in your opinion of that language being more obvious and clear
(not to say you may not be right)...
As a non-Afrikaans/non-English native speaker, both languages have their
pluses and minuses for me... though I never really use computer terms in
Afrikaans TBH.

>You also don't have the same Afrikaans word that
> means two different things like you often find in English (or two
> words that sound exactly the same but spelled differently).
What about bank (i.e. financial institution/couch or place to sit)?

Groete,
Reinier