[Lazarus] Call for translations updates for 1.0 release and pending Portuguese translation removal

Maxim Ganetsky ganmax at narod.ru
Sun Aug 12 22:41:04 CEST 2012

12.08.2012 23:34, Valdas Jankūnas пишет:
> 2012.08.03 01:08, Maxim Ganetsky rašė:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Now that Lazarus 1.0 RC1 is out it is time to review and update
>> translations for it.
>>
>> Please check out fixes branch
>> (http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_1_0 ), review and
>> update your translations and attach updates (as full PO files, not
>> patches) to our bugtracker. Mark your reports with Lazarus version
>> clearly in order to avoid confusion.
>
> Is there differences (in i18n files) between "branches/fixes_1_0" and
> "trunk"? After "svn up" both says "Updated to revision 38228"...

Yes, there are. They are not that global, though. You can use diff tool
to see them.

> If so, is there automated way to transfer (replace in target) translated
> strings from one to another tree of files? I'm asking because I have
> translations updates for trunk.

Just replace your .po files, then recompile Lazarus clean (you should
have installed in Lazarus all packages for which you update translations
and which are not mentioned in localize.bat/localize.sh), then run
localize.bat/localize.sh. Then make sure that all strings in your .po
files are translated. ;)

> If no, can I send translations from trunk as translations for
> "branches/fixes_1_0"?

See above. Yes you can, but you will have untranslated strings in your
.po files as a result.

 > Or they automatically "trunk" -> "branches/fixes_1_0" in server?

No.

--
Best regards,
  Maxim Ganetsky                  mailto:ganmax at narod.ru