[Lazarus] Lazarus shortcuts conflict with windows shortcuts

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 08:18:15 CEST 2012

On 15-8-2012 0:49, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 14 August 2012 20:10, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps some tool called, say lazset*), could be created and used to
>> set/change key shortcuts, e.g.:
>>
>> lazset --primary-config-path=c:\example\whatever
>> --set="ContextSensitiveHelpKey=ShiftF1"
>

> That is making a mountain out of a mole heap. The problem of this
> thread is not really a problem at all. Changing shortcuts are quick
> and easy already.

Morning all,

@Martin: having an export (and import?) utility that needs to be
maintained as well versus a settings tool that needs to be maintained
wouldn't be too much difference, I'd think?
Perhaps the color export utility could be
modified/adapted/copied/expanded (whatever) though - wasn't aware of
that one; will take a look, thanks.

@Mattias: yes, you're right, you can modify the xml file. Then you'd get
into scripting that changes xml files. Not something I'd look forward to
as an admin, but certainly doable. To each his own, I'd guess.

@Graeme: just like all help problems have a DocView solution for you, so
do all configuration problems have a LazSet solution for me;)
More seriously: I've been thinking about a tool like this for a while
now and while this problem may not be that big/relevant, it does fit in
with the rest of my ideas.

Regards,
Reinier