[Lazarus] Merge setup dialog and options dialog?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Aug 19 21:14:22 CEST 2012

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 14:10:46 +0100
> Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

>> So there are intentional differences, and they should be kept.
>
> I would even say, there should be more.
>
> The current setup dialog combines several messagedlg.
> There are some functions that checks many settings and may show a
> cascade of messagedlg (e.g. compiling, running, compiling the IDE).
> Maybe some of these messages can be combined too.

One possibility would be to use the same dialogue/form, but to have the
bulk of it "greyed out" as not relevant until the full IDE is running.

I particularly like the setup dialogue's feature of displaying candidate
Lazarus directories rather than everything. It would be nice if it could
be extended to look at what versions of Lazarus were in "peer"
directories, and to work out what compiler version each expected-
provided this could be done efficiently.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk