[Lazarus] Lazarus on Debian "Wheezy"

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Dec 2 18:45:56 CET 2012

This is a "heads up" for anybody looking at Wheezy, particularly on
non-x86 systems.

Lazarus on the SPARC port is badly broken, in ways that I don't see on
older versions of Debian (Etch, Lenny). I don't think this is anything
to do with Debian's adoption of multi-arch, instead there's something
fundamentally broken with their X implementation.

I'm pretty sure that this is not an FPC/Lazarus problem. I mention it
not because I'm complaining, but because there's a possibility that
other platforms could be affected: for example PPC or MIPS if it's an
endianness issue, or some ARMs if it's something to do with alignment.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk