[Lazarus] Installing Lazarus on Ubuntu 12.04LTS

Curt Carpenter 1cjcarpenter at att.net
Sun Dec 2 19:40:23 CET 2012

Does anyone know a knowledgeable Ubuntu/Linux person in the Dallas,
Texas area that could help me install Lazarus
on that OS?  I could afford to pay modestly for the help.

I have Ubuntu 12.04 working on a PC and have read everything I can find
on the net about this install -- but I'm new to
Linux, so much of what I read is foreign to me (example:  one set of
instructions tells me that I must install the
Lazarus meta-package using Synaptic -- but I don't know what a
meta-package is, or where to find the Lazarus meta-package
(don't see it on Source Forge) -- or how to use Synaptic (although I do
seem to have installed it using sudo!)

I think I can eventually figure this out (my goal is to learn to use
Linux anyway) -- but having a guide in this particular case would,
I think, be 300 - 400% more efficient!

Thanks for any help.