[Lazarus] New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 10:44:27 CET 2012

I prefer the multiwindow approach too, although i mostly align the windows
in tiles that could theoretically be done in a docked window.

I tried the dock manager (AnchorDocking i think) but i found two problems
that made me not stick to it:

1. The form designer wasn't part of the docked window which was obscuring
it. With the multiwindow approach i leave the a big hole at the center for
the form designer and the code editor (which is the default basically).

2. The titles had some hideous big fat bevels made of extreme ugliness
which looked bad even in the "classic" Win9x theme, let alone the Aero,
Aqua and whatever Ubuntu uses. I'm a visual person and this stuff bothers
me a lot :-P. Since no widgetset (AFAIK) provides styling features for such
things i think the only solution would be to make these styleable by the
user.

Keep in mind that it has been a while since i tried it though so things
might have changed.