[Lazarus] New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Dec 4 12:23:19 CET 2012

On 04/12/2012 08:46, Avishai wrote:
> I agree with Michael.  I tried AnchorDocking and it did not work for
> me.  I need to be able to change values in the Property Editor and see
> the Form at the same time.  I could not do that with Docking.
You must remember AnchorDocking is not yet complete, it is under
construction. It will eventually do that (at least last time I checked,
that was the plan).

Docking of designer forms must be implemented either way. And it makes
probably little diff, if that is in a package, or the IDE.
  Some people said different in the past, but that is afaik not proven
yet. Even if, it would only mean to add the proper API entries to IDEIntf.

So in terms of designer form docking, it is not relevant where (IDE vs
package) it is done. It needs doing either way.