[Lazarus] New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:01:47 CET 2012

On 4-12-2012 15:46, Massimo Soricetti wrote:
> Another cool useful thing: tabbed compiler messages window.
> Now Lazarus (as many other IDEs) reports a lot of unimportant messages
> mixed with those really interesting, i.e. I'm not interested in compiler
> info or warnings if there are compiler errors. It would be nice to group
> errors, warnings and info in different tabs, so one could focus on
> important messages. Moreover, there would be much less need to scroll
> the message queue to find what I'm after at the moment.
In the project options, you can set what warnings you see.
Putting them in tabs could be nice but I think I'd lose track of the
order/sequence of events.

Having some way of hiding/filtering certain message classes on the fly
(e.g. via a right-click menu) may be another solution.

... but I'm happy changing the project options.