[Lazarus] Text selection with numeric keypad on Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 18:44:49 CET 2012

On 20/12/12 16:46, Paul Breneman wrote:

>>  Filco Majestouch 2 (Tenkeyless with mechanical blue clicky switches)
>
> That wouldn't work for me!  I have four mini Logitech keyboards where I
> use the numeric keypad for cursor control (Num Lock OFF).

I still have cursor control. The inverted "T" arrow keys an the 2x3
(Ins,Del,Home,etc) are all still there (unmangled - unlike so many
keyboards these days). The Filco Tenkeyless (ten-key-less) simply chops
off the 10 keys that make up the numeric keypad.

 http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_images/filco_majestouch_tenkeyless_red_us_small.jpg

> I've been using the same text editor (IBM XEdit clone) since 1985 and
> that is *way* too long to revert to something else.  :)

I'm also a creature of habit. :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/