[Lazarus] user web front-end to fpdoc (LUFDOC)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:00:27 CET 2012

Hi,

NOTE:
   This only applies to Class Documentation - stuff that FPC's fpdoc generates.

I mentioned this a few years back, and maybe it is worth bringing up again.

"If your answer is that the wiki is simply easier to use than the Lazarus FPDoc
Editor, then why not create a wiki frontend to the fpdoc class help.
LufDoc (from a guy name Lars or Z505) did something similar, so it is possible.
That might even double up as a good sample project for fcl-web."

LufDoc is an acronym for "Live User Fed Documentation". As far as I
understand, is uses the fpdoc generated output as the starting point,
but allows anybody to add comments or extension to the end of those
HTML generated pages. It manages its own set of XML description files,
but merges those comments with the fpdoc HTML output when viewed. So
it doesn't obfuscate the original fpdoc XML files at all.

Here is an explanation of LufDoc from the original author himself.
This URL was a test setup to see if users would contribute to MSEgui
class documentation.

   http://z505.com/cgi-bin/mse/idx.cgi?file=fpdocintegrated

Maybe the author could be contacted (I believe I have seen him post
here recently) and the source code for LufDoc could be made available
and extended to the Lazarus documentation needs.

Just my 2¢ worth…

  - Graeme -