[Lazarus] fpdoc + XML description file + indentation whitespace

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 9 13:24:49 CET 2012

Am 09.02.2012 13:16, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 9 February 2012 13:35, Reinier Olislagers  wrote:
>>
>> I agree with Graeme, but even more with Mattias' earlier post.
>> As Mattias mentioned, apparently the XML standard says that whitespace
>> can be ignored.
>
> I don't know the XML standards that well....  Does that whitespace
> rule apply to the Content / Data between XML tags too, or just the
> placement of XML tags in the file?
>
> I would image in only applies to the placement of XML tags - not the
> data. And in this case the data is affected by FPDoc Editor's
> indentation too.

If I trust this article http://www.usingxml.com/Basics/XmlSpace then
according to the specification then the content of this node

<some-tag>  bla </some-tag>

should be passed to the application as '  bla '. It's only that
XML-parsers sometimes deviate from the specification (like the Microsoft
one in it's default setting).

Regards,
Sven