[Lazarus] Fast drawing to canvas

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:23:39 CET 2012

On 10/02/2012 16:11, dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:34:20 +0100
>> dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl wrote:
[...]
>> Why are you displaying single images at all?
>> It sounds a lot like you are playing movie clips, so why do you not use a
>> suitable codec/container combination like xvid/avi, h.264/mpeg-4 or some
>> other video format that fits your needs?
>
> Yes, I'm playing movie clips. But playing back images from a video codec
> is besides the point. I have implemented my own "simple" raw image codec
> (filecache.pas) that reads pixels from disk. My problems lie with the
> playback of video.

If I recall correctly, programs like MPlayer (or was it FFMpeg?) had an 'input' that
could read static images and output video stream to stdout (but I might not
remember correctly, pls check docs)
Then the video stream could be piped into the player program,...
so FFMpeg reads series of images - pipes into MPlayer that displays it-
or MPlayer can be told to read series of images as it were frames -
is that what you're trying to achieve ?

L.