[Lazarus] Documentation contribution

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Feb 11 18:58:46 CET 2012

On 11/02/2012 17:16, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Martin schrieb:
>
>> It he person is not sure, about it being misleading or not, but
>> believes it might be. Then better ask first before  adding a note
>
> So I should add a note instead: "who can clarify this, please contact
> me at <...> for my questions"? ;-)

ask on the mailinglist....

or did your smiley mean, you intentionally did mis-understand?

>> - incomplete (falls under 2, unless it makes in misleading, then
>> falls under 3)
>> Does not change by adding a note.
>> Again, if the person knows what is missing, then he can immediately
>> add it. Even if after adding in might still be missing some more.
>
> Please check how much I updated myself, *without* adding notes. The
> notes occur only in those places, where I could *not* find the correct
> description myself.

Again as written before by me: If you actually have meaningful content,
why a note? And as you wrote above, if you had it, you did fix or
improve the doc, rather than adding such notes.

> And please also tell me *whom* to ask in all these remaining cases.
> Guess how many answers I got in the past, when sending such questions
> to the mailing list :-(

Well I agree, not every question will be answered.
But if not, it means no one knows the answer. That also means, there is
no one who will fix a "[what?]" note. And if no one is to fix it, there
is no point in putting it there.

As I said. Trying to use them to force people will not work.

Spearing for myself:
- Where I can (have knowledge and time), I will help.
- And where that does not apply, you can be certain that such notes are
the last think that will make me do anything. If they had really gone
in, and decision was not to remove them without fix: Well be it.