[Lazarus] r35016, win32, 'find in files' command ends up with a crash

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 22:43:51 CET 2012

2012/2/12, Sergei Gorelkin <sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru>:
> I got the IDE crash with stack overflow when trying 'find in files' command,
> the failure occurs when
> it is about to show the 'search results' form. Shows up at least in Windows
> XP and Windows 7 (both
> Aero and standard themes). An empty search results form can be shown using
> the appropriate command
> from 'view' menu, but trying 'find in files' while it's visible still
> crashes.
>
> Doing bisection through svn points me to r35016 introducing this crash.
> Can anyone confirm this?

There is a bug report very likely related to the revision, but it is
not about 'find in files' :

Now the FilterEdit requires the text "(filter)" to be lowercase.
I changed the original English + the translations with western
alphabets. Cyrillic translation is not changed.
It does not cause a crash bug but anyway you could test if it is
related to localization.

Today I fixed one crash bug in Search Results window, when a tab was
closed while another tab was active. r35328

Juha