[Lazarus] r35016, win32, 'find in files' command ends up with a crash

Sergei Gorelkin sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru
Sun Feb 12 23:46:51 CET 2012

13.02.2012 1:43, Juha Manninen пишет:
> 2012/2/12, Sergei Gorelkin<sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru>:
>> I got the IDE crash with stack overflow when trying 'find in files' command,
>> the failure occurs when
>> it is about to show the 'search results' form. Shows up at least in Windows
>> XP and Windows 7 (both
>> Aero and standard themes). An empty search results form can be shown using
>> the appropriate command
>> from 'view' menu, but trying 'find in files' while it's visible still
>> crashes.
>>
>> Doing bisection through svn points me to r35016 introducing this crash.
>> Can anyone confirm this?
>
> There is a bug report very likely related to the revision, but it is
> not about 'find in files' :
>    http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21243
>
> Now the FilterEdit requires the text "(filter)" to be lowercase.
> I changed the original English + the translations with western
> alphabets. Cyrillic translation is not changed.
> It does not cause a crash bug but anyway you could test if it is
> related to localization.
>
> Today I fixed one crash bug in Search Results window, when a tab was
> closed while another tab was active. r35328

Aha, indeed this is localization-related. Switching IDE language to English removes the crash.
Note, with r35016 I still could get it crashing (but non-deterministically, required several 'Search
in files' operations with closing all Search Results tabs to 'succeed'), after updating to head the
crashes are gone.

Regards,
Sergei