[Lazarus] Anchoring buttons (or other graphical elements)

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Feb 14 18:03:14 CET 2012

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
 > > I am trying to understand the logic of the anchors of graphic elements
 > > like buttons etc., especially the meaning of the margin values.

 > Maybe you want read the documentation:

 > http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Autosize_/_Layout#BorderSpacing

It's a bit frustrating that I *thought* I had found the documentation (
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Anchor_Sides )
but  then you point me to yet another documentation about the same topic.
Spreading documentation all over the place is not a good idea. ;-(

I read a bit more (I did not understand this fully yet because it seems
a very complicated algorithm
with lots of variables involved) but what strikes me is that horizontal
and vertical borders seem
to be treated differently. Is there a reason for this?