[Lazarus] installing chm help

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Feb 15 04:05:55 CET 2012

On 2/14/2012 17:40, Martin wrote:
> On 14/02/2012 18:33, waldo kitty wrote:
>> so why isn't this working??? what is the key step that has been left out of
>> the instructions??
> I added to the wiki
>
> 6) Go to the Environment Options,

i see this as "IDE Options" dialog

> tab "Help Options'

i do not have any tabs across the top or side of this dialog... i do have some
sort of tree like thing on the left, though... help options is where i was
talking about in my earlier post... and i called the 'path' i was looking at by
the wrong name... what i was looking at and altered is the 'FPC Doc HTML Path'
according to the bold type above the field i was looking at...

> and select the "CHM Help Viewer".

go that ;)

> Check it's properties:
> :"HelpExe" should be the lhelp you did just build

yes...

> :"HelpFilesPath" should be, where you did put the chm files

this is blank but now that i have selected some other 'keywords' (apparently i'm
using that term incorrectly) i am getting some help stuff popping up...

> which I found I needed to do, since my Lazarus was not in it's default dir either

AIR, we are living in the same directory tree since we (IIRC) are using the same
wiki article on birthing FPC/Lazarus clean from the SVN and bootstrapping it up
from there...