[Lazarus] installing chm help

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Feb 15 09:33:52 CET 2012

On 02/14/2012 07:33 PM, waldo kitty wrote:
> placed the cursor on a pascal keyword (ie: implementation in the
> currently opened file from when i opened the lhelp.lpi), pressed F1
> and... no help :(

To get context help for pascal language keywords, you need to install a
combined chm file that (in addition to the standard LCL) help includes
FPC  language help (and hopefully help on help, IDE help, RTL help, you
name it.

I don't know if such a file even exist and/or (how) it is possible to
build it from the svn sources.

(Se the lots of recent discussions on the help system that pointed out
the benefits of DocView.)

-Michael