[Lazarus] installing chm help

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:13:11 CET 2012

On 15 February 2012 12:30, Hans-Peter Diettrich  wrote:

>> why does basic stuff, eg: 'write' and 'writeln' not have any help at all?
>

> Thanks, I didn't realize that yet. It's for the same reason: these are
> compiler magics, for which FPDoc doesn't find a declaration in the source

They ARE defined in the System unit and already documented. It shows
up fine here (INF & PDF help).

>> where is the help for items like 'PadRight', 'AddChar', 'PadLeft',
>> 'AddCharR' and similar??
>

> I just can't find in which units these are declared.

Doesn't LHelp have a search function? Anyway, I found them documented
in the RTL in StrUtils unit.

> Please create an according FPC bug report, if none exists yet, and hope that
> somebody will update the documentation.

No, maybe use a help viewer that actually works. Then if it is still
not found or documented, report as a feature request or bug report.

  - Graeme -