[Lazarus] Lazarus slow on large files

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 23:21:03 CET 2012

On 15 February 2012 15:40, Sven Barth  wrote:

> This does not help if some features that one needs (or wants) are only
> implemented in trunk... (yes, I'm aware that one could merge manually, but
> it's far easier for me to just use trunk)

Stability is more important to me than the latest eye-candy. I use
Lazarus (and MSEide) for work. I don't have time to fight with newly
introduced bugs, which appear constantly in Lazarus Trunk. The stable
branch 0.9.30.x has everything I need to get my work done -
uninterrupted. I only made some mods to synedit (visual improvements
and better TAB character support), and runtime customisable File Open
filters.

Try Git, it makes merging between branches, or keeping local mods up
to date, much easier than SVN.

  - Graeme -