[Lazarus] installing chm help

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Feb 16 12:50:00 CET 2012

On 02/16/2012 03:10 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> The token is only one word. It misses the context. It can not
> distinguish between a TStrings.LoadFromFile and a
> TMemoryStream.LoadFromFile. Or think about the "Create". Only if the
> search for the specific item fails only then should the help use a
> simple word search.

Yep. But that does not mean that the IDE needs to do some search on it's
own. It just could pass the appropriate info though the the (well
defined) "help package" interface to have the help viewer do it's work.

OTOH, (for the help  tool tips) the project code can be target of the
help search. This of course it unknown to the help viewer. So here the
IDE might do it's own search in the project files (and pass the result
to the help viewer via the help package interface.

(My opinion based on the current discussions)

-Michael