[Lazarus] I made a visualization of the Lazarus SVN repository

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:58:02 CET 2012

2012/2/18, Everton Vieira <tonvieira at gmail.com>:
>> I don't know how, and why, should patching be integrated in IDE. A
>> patch is easy to make with "svn diff" for example.
>
> I know, but let's make visible in the IDE.

Thinking of it more, the patch creation could be integrated in the lazsvnpkg.
Now it has "Show diff for local changes" for a single file. It could
easily make a full patch of the diffs.
This is a good exercise feature for you to make. For changing the
relatively small package you don't need to study the whole Lazarus
internals.
First you must use the cmd line "svn diff" for your patches, later you
can use a self-made GUI for it. :)
I promise to look at your patches personally if you make some.

> Understand, the idea is much more about to make visible than anything else.
> At least by now.

The whole project needs more visibility, yes. The command used for
creating patches is not very essential for it. Every developer who is
able to create code for a big project is also able to run "svn diff"
or a similar command.

Juha