[Lazarus] Looking for a general text editor

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:36:14 CET 2012

On 2/19/12, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:53:24 +0100

> That's why you should do svn update before creating the patch.

OK, consider me stupid.
I update before trying to fix.
Since I do that on my spare time, this may take several weeks, fixing
things step by step.
Then my copy of the files in question is out of date.

Now I have to update again and somehow resolve the conflicts.
Reading the "manual" still leaves me confused on that.

Preferably I would like to end up with a file in which alterations
made (not by me) are somehow marked in that file, so I can easily
detect them and see if they interfere with my patch.

> The one has to apply your patch to the head revision.

Exactly, I leave the things I do not understand to someone who does.

Is there some experimentation room available to practice the do's and
don'nt's of commiting via svn (or git, or yet another tool)?

Bart