[Lazarus] SourceEditor: strange "gap" on right hand side

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 16:53:24 CET 2012

On 2/28/12, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Yay!!! The overview gutter is finally here by default :D
>
> Make some changes in the file, save it, make more changes and place some
> breakpoints.

I can see little green squared dots when I change a line, but they do
not appear at/near the line I changed, and they are static (they do
not scroll with the synedit), same for breakpoints (little red line)
and bookmarks (blue line).
Also they are not "click-able", so they do not provide some jumping mechanism.

Also, on the left hand side gutter, didn't I already have a visible
clue for saved/unsaved edits, breakpoints etc.?

> You'll then see what this baby is useful for

Must be me, but I don't see it right now.
How Am I supposed to use this information in the overviewgutter?

(And yes, I found out how to disable this feature, so no need to pint
that out to me)

Bart