[Lazarus] SourceEditor: strange "gap" on right hand side

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 28 17:11:31 CET 2012

Am 28.02.2012 16:53, schrieb Bart:
> On 2/28/12, Sven Barth<pascaldragon at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Yay!!! The overview gutter is finally here by default :D
>>
>> Make some changes in the file, save it, make more changes and place some
>> breakpoints.
>
> I can see little green squared dots when I change a line, but they do
> not appear at/near the line I changed, and they are static (they do
> not scroll with the synedit), same for breakpoints (little red line)
> and bookmarks (blue line).
> Also they are not "click-able", so they do not provide some jumping mechanism.
>
> Also, on the left hand side gutter, didn't I already have a visible
> clue for saved/unsaved edits, breakpoints etc.?

It's an overview for the complete file, this is why it does not move.
There is a small gray area (a different gray then the rest) that shows
your current scroll view.

To quote Martin's mail:
> It does show (for the entire file):
> - position of breakpoints
> - position of bookmarks
> - changes (unsaved/saved) per line
> - implementation/interface/initialization (shaded grey)
> - current visible page (shaded grey)

>> You'll then see what this baby is useful for
>
> Must be me, but I don't see it right now.
> How Am I supposed to use this information in the overviewgutter?

As said it presents a complete overview of the current file to you. You
see where you changed something (yellow and green like on the left) and
where you put breakpoints. In the future there might be icons to
indicate compilation failures, warnings, hints, etc.

Regards,
Sven