[Lazarus] Missing Documentation

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Feb 28 20:06:15 CET 2012

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:43:48 +0100
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> since there were multiple complaints about missing documentation, where
> can I find a list of what is missing exactly in detail?
>
> Is there a wiki page about it? Or a docs page collecting empty
> descriptions or the like?
>
> Sometimes I'm bored, maybe there are items I'm able to add
> a couple of useful words to ...

You are welcome.

If you want to write a tutorial about some topic or extend/update one
existing, here are the existing:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Documentation

If you want to help with the source documentation, e.g. write some
examples or add/extend description, there are fpdoc files.
DoDi has added notes for the LCL fpdoc files, where he misses
documentation/clarification. See lazarus/docs/xml/lcl.

Many other packages in the Lazarus sources need fpdoc entries too.

If you want to write some help about an IDE dialog: Use F1 to open
the wiki page. If it does not open, or opens the wrong page, just write
an email, so I can fix it.

Mattias