[Lazarus] moving a project and its files

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jan 25 13:20:46 CET 2012

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:20:50 +0100
"Roberto P." <padovani.r at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/1/25 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>
>
> > On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:14:00 +0100
> > "Roberto P." <padovani.r at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi List,
> > >
> > > I need to move a project from a folder to another one;
> >
> > Use your favorite file browser and copy/move the folder.
> >

> Ok, I wasn't clear....with "moving" I also meant that I have to rename it
> while reconstructing it at the other place.
> Meanwhile I discovered that somehow (maybe with the save project as?) the
> auto-creation of the main form disappered from the list in the project
> options, together with the corresponding line in the .lpr file.
> After adding that back it works.
>
> What are the files that have to be added to our versioning system to be
> able to chekout a copy somewhere else? Or, which files are automatically
> generated by lazarus?

Set a unit output directory in the compiler options and then compile.
These files don't need to be stored in the versioning system.
The project target file (.exe or .app) is also auto created if missing.

And see here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_meaning_of_the_various_file_extensions_used_by_Lazarus.3F

Mattias