[Lazarus] Help on FCL?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 13:31:45 CET 2012

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:20:10 +0100
> Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
>
>> On 01/25/2012 10:36 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>> I don't know how much help CLX or VCL help files would really be to a
>>> LCL developer.

That is obviously a valid point, but when I started this subthread I was
simply trying to point out that one of the courses of action in the wiki
(Graeme's suggestion to assimilate the Kylix files) might not be useful
due to platform constraints.

>> The Delphi help offers with nice hints for the language itself including
>> context sensitive "F1" on language keywords like "array" or "class" or
>> "override" and such.
>
> That was added some months ago for the chm help.

Noted. However since I usually build Lazarus from source (no binary
distro for some of the systems I run, or I need a specific compiler
version from SVN) is there an idiot's guide somewhere for how to get and
integrate the latest docs? And what can be done to get as many users as
possible aware of this?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk