[Lazarus] Help on FCL?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jan 27 11:13:13 CET 2012

On 01/27/2012 11:04 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> A known problem, and you would have know about this too if you opened
> the ref.inf file on it's own - the first help topic explains this (the
> text in RED on the cover page).
Wow !
UTF sucks whenever you come across it :( .

> The fix:
> -------
> In the top right of DocView, change the Text Encoding combobox from
> CP850 to UTF-8. Your text will now look fine.

This is obvious for the non-blind, but silly me did not see.

GREAT (as already said :) )
> Yes, I could have written the FPC Language Ref doc in CP850, but
> Unicode has much nicer glyphs for text drawings. The Language Ref doc
> has lots of text syntax diagrams (unlike the PDF docs - I didn't opt
> to use image for those syntax diagrams).
Regarding the upcoming IPF compiler: Don't bother !

Of course (given that this is "help" and help is only necessary for
dummies and the idiots that keep forgetting stuff) it would be great if
this step could somehow be automated.

Thanks,
-Michael