[Lazarus] Double hit on menu ShortCuts

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 23:06:57 CET 2012

2012/1/31 Jon Foster <jon-lists at jfpossibilities.com>

> I just upgraded to Lazarus 0.9.30.2. I love what's been done with the
> "build modes". Although being forced to upgrade FPC is always scary.
> I've had a track record with it breaking things. So far no down sides yet.
>
> Anyhow... I'm not sure if this is new to this version or I just noticed
> it. But when using a menu's ShortCut key the "OnClick" event gets called
> twice. I can click the menu item with the mouse and it only fires once.
> I put a "WriteLn('OnClick')" in the code and watched it run from a
> terminal window and sure enough mouse clicks get one message and
> ShortCuts get two.
>
> I'm running with the Debian packages of FPC provided with this version
> of Lazarus on an i386 Linux install.

It is fixed in trunk. See:

20115: MenuItem OnClick Event called twice using keyboard shortcut

I doubt there will be another maintenance release for 0.9.30.x. Maintainers
(including me) are busy and the energy goes to the next 0.99 release.
You can however try Lazarus trunk which has many more improvements. It is
easy to install once you have FPC 2.4.4 or 2.6.0 installed.

Juha