[Lazarus] Building help files: the nitty-gritty

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 15:52:55 CEST 2012

I normally build Lazarus from svn, targeting bigide, so I'm not sure
that instructions that tell me to download prebuilt binary .chm files
are relevant to me. However, if I could ask two questions here about the
mechanics:

a)  Assuming that ChmHelpPkg is loaded but lhelp is not compiled. Since
the new version of Lazarus might not yet have been run, is there an
idiot-proof way of telling lazbuild what Lazarus directory etc. is to be
used when building lhelp.lpi?

b)  What is the easiest way of integrating .chm files for the RTL etc.,
to the extent that context-sensitive help works for things like
Format()? Again, if I'm building FPC from source I presume it makes more
sense to generate these locally (unless it expects lots of Latex
handling or equivalent).

Finally, if I just want to add a few lines of plain text as
context-sensitive help for a control or form, with the main
documentation having been prepared by e.g. Lyx and saved as a .pdf,
what's the way to do this?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk