[Lazarus] Lazarus helpfiles

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:17:13 CEST 2012

On 10/07/2012 09:59, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

[my 3p]

+1 to have more prominent link to the
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Help_in_the_IDE page -
my proposition : right below the DOWNLOADS link on home page,
and have lhelp point to it when it can't find the help files.

+1 to include a mention of other help formats on that page

plus my own propositions :
++ provide cross-links to documentation packages across SourceForge download area,
version-related to the appropriate install package,
also
either
++ have a self-extracting exe that installs the [chm or html or inf]
files in the path where lhelp expects them (on windows)
or
++ include the help files of whatever choice, in the installation package
(for windows)
and/or
++ have them packaged in rpm/deb/whatever for the linux distro of choice to be able to
find main and doc updates automatically.

(reason : am I the only one that downloads and runs whatever the pre-packaged
installable version is, rather than svn/git ???)

L.