[Lazarus] Lazarus helpfiles

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 17:25:49 CEST 2012

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> You raise some valid points, which might still be a concern today. I
> still get annoyed when I need to setup a Windows development machine.
> I would like a Lazarus binary release, but without FPC, because I
> prefer to keep my FPC source on par with the FPC Fixes branch. So I
> don't need the outdated FPC that is included with the Lazarus
> installer.

+1 (as they say), but in my case because I regularly find myself having
to update e.g. the compiler on a SPARC system because of a CG change and
then find that only a limited range of Lazarus builds are compatible.

/However/, I think a fair question at this point is whether an svn
update has a higher or lower bandwidth and per-Mb cost than downloading
a binary snapshot, and whether this changes as the number of development
systems increase (specifically, because the same binary can be used for
all machines with the same architecture but a directory under svn
control has limited tolerance of being moved between systems).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk