[Lazarus] Building help files: the nitty-gritty

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Jul 17 17:42:59 CEST 2012

On 7/16/2012 13:20, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> However, the really annoying thing is that
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Help_in_the_IDE in the section "If you are
> using Lazarus from Subversion"- which if course I am- explicitly says
> '"HelpFilesPath" should be, where you put the CHM files': nothing at all about
> the fact that in at least some cases it's better to leave it blank because the
> IDE will "do the right thing".

i pointed this out previously several months back when we were having the big
help installation discussion... i couldn't get it to work and then suddenly it
started... about that time someone wrote in here to fill in that field with the
path... i checked mine and is was empty so i responded that i didn't have
anything in mine and it was now working... i had thought that you might have
picked up on that post of mine because your help install started working per
your report...

now, the only thing left for me/us is to find the rest of the chm files...
there's more than three of them ;)