[Lazarus] OpenSUSE KDE keeps stealing my IDE shortcuts

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 19:18:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 30 July 2012 17:57, Martin Schreiber <mse00000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ctrl+F1..Ctrl+F4 are normally used to switch desktops by KDE, see attachment
> (KDE 3.5). I had to switch off Ctrl+F4 too. :-)

As I said, I couldn't find that option anywhere....

....some more time later....

OK, I FINALLY found it.  In  OpenSUSE 12.1 under "Global Keyboard
Shortcuts", you must look carefully, there is a "KDE Component"
combobox. Change the default from "KDE Daemon" to "KWin", then you get
a whole different list of global keyboard shortcuts. Then finally down
the list is "Switch to Desktop x" options.

Damn, but they really don't make things obvious!!  Gnome has too
little customization options, and KDE has too many (hidden away)!
I'll stick to my JWM setup, as it works perfectly, and I don't need to
fight it every step of the way.

Thanks to Michael and Martin for helping. Development work can finally
continue...

  - Graeme -