[Lazarus] .gitignore removed when build cleanup

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jun 18 11:10:28 CEST 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:14:37 +0100
Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 June 2012 16:09, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> >
> > There is normally no reason to store the output directory in svn.
>

> I store a '.gitignore' file inside those directories, and that is
> version controlled by Git.

The output directories usually have the form lib/cpu-os/
Is it possible to put a .gitignore in "lib"?

> The benefit of this was that a new checkout
> via git would recreate the complete directory structure, and those new
> cloned repositories would have the correct ignore files in place. The
> recreated directory structure is also an important point, because I
> don't always compile my projects with Lazarus (which creates output
> directories on demand). eg: compiling my projects directly with FPC,
> FPC doesn't auto-create output directories.

Then you have to add the command line params manually. I guess you
don't create them every time manually. Probably you are lazy like me
and store them in some file or doc and use copy and paste. Then it is
easy to prepend the "mkdir -p" command too.

Apropos not building with laz:
fpmake creates the output directory too.

>[...]

Mattias