[Lazarus] IDE

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jun 27 17:31:14 CEST 2012

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:08:00 +0200
Antonio Fortuny <a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu> wrote:

> Le 27/06/2012 15:07, Mattias Gaertner a écrit :
> > On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:24:20 +0200
> > Antonio Fortuny <a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all.
> >>
> >> I don't know whether this is a bug or not but it is annoying anyway:
> >>
> >> A form is displayed
> >> I drop a TButton on it
> >> I put the focus on the Tbutton (or any other component on the form)
> >> I hit the Enter key and:
> >>       focus is redirected to the objects inspector: OK
> > Not ok.
> What do you mean ? In my opinion It is the same behaviour as Delphi
> because my main purpose is to change something in the object's
> properties.

Sorry. You are right. vk_return shows and focusses the object inspector.

> At the same time I would like to have the same behaviour
> backwards: when the Enter key is hit on some property or event, focus
> should return to to the object on the form whose properties have just
> been changed. This way of jumping allows a keyboard travel from and to
> the form and the properties inspector without using the mouse.

Currently implemented:
If in the name column focus the edit column.
If in the edit column then commit the changed property.
No focus change.
So you can change a value, type Return to see the effect, change the
value again or go to another property.

> >>       the form is hidden (this is annoying)

It is not hidden here.

> >> This behaviour is different from the one of Lazarus 0.9.31 I have on
> >> another computer.
> >> To display the form again, the F12 has to be pressed twice instedad of once.
> >> I have to mention that I'm currently working on Lazarus 1.1 37027 as of
> >> april 26, 2012, FPC 2.6.1, Win32 Vista
> >> The desktop uses the docked windows.

Current trunk is at 37799. Can you test with
a more recent version?

Mattias