[Lazarus] Grouping radio buttons

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Mon Mar 19 21:15:41 CET 2012

On 19/3/2012 13:51, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> I already searched for hours but cannot find anything useful.
>
> My question:
> Is it possible (and if yes, how) to group some radio buttons
> so that only one of each group can be selected?
>
> I put some radio buttons on my form which select different things
> but they are all connected with each other so that only one can be
> selected at a time.
>
> I expected some property defining a goup but I cannot find anything
> like that.

Some time ago, i needed the same feature so implemented a
TRadioButton.GroupIndex property where only the radio buttons with the
same GroupIndex would be affected.

In win32 worked fine but could not implement nor in gtk2 or qt due to
how native radio buttons are designed in those widgetsets

So, your best bet is to use panel.

Luiz