[Lazarus] Size of binaries etc.

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Wed Mar 21 15:07:19 CET 2012

21.03.12 20:06, Martin wrote:
> Compiling an empty form, smartlink, withdout heaptrc, and stripped (use
> strip.exe) should come to 1.9 Mb on Lazarus trunk.

As I remember that was about 1.6 Mb but with win32 widgetset. Gtk2
widgetset need much work to achieve the same results (as you should
remember the main problem is code like If someobject is TSomeLCLClass
then ....).

Also we can split resources to add between widgetsets. For example os x
widgetsets does not need drag cursors because they are built in. Gtk
does not need various button images because of the same reason.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin