[Lazarus] Strange dependency of units

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Mar 31 17:04:16 CEST 2012

Reinier Olislagers schrieb:
 >> Of course, if I *wanted* to get information about "Cody" I know that I
 >> could use Google.
 >> The question was: Do I *need* to know about it to program with Lazarus?
 > vs
 > On 31-3-2012 15:08, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
 > "What is Cody?"
 > ????

Well, my question was a reaction to Mattias' "hint":

"When you use Cody to add the grids unit to the uses section, it will
automatically add the LCL as dependency."

I found this a bit astonishing because why should I use anything else
than my keyboard to add a unit to my program? And because I never heard
about "Cody" before I wrote "What is Cody?". It was just yet another
answer in the sense that it does not answer your question but instead
hints you to yet another topic so that you get into the
Linux-problem-solve mechnism to waste your live on another topic that
leads you to another topic that leads you to another topic..  over and
over again. You only never get back to solve your original problem, you
may even forget about it. The reason for the success of Turbo Pascal was
just that you did *not* have to have all the knowledge about what
happens in the background. I painfully miss this idea in Lazarus.