[Lazarus] Erro: undefined symbol

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Tue May 29 10:59:21 CEST 2012

Hi All.

Maybe I'm coming back with an old thing but I can't get rid of it.
I've compiled and installed a new package (UIB): no problem anywhere.
Then I begin to use the package into a new project. I've just added the
package to the project and nothing else.
At the compilation I get the error messages:
UibDataSet.lpr(20,1) Error: Undefined symbol: THREADVARLIST_UIBDATASET
UibDataSet.lpr(20,1) Error: Undefined symbol: VMT_UIBDATASET_TUIBDATASET
UibDataSet.lpr(20,1) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping

Line 20 is the
end.
of th lpr.
No components have been used yet neither any unit from the new package.
I didn't find any solution for it on the net and removing *.ppu and *.o
does not solve the problem.
Neither does the change from {$mode objfpc} (my default) to {$mode DELPHI}.
Removing debug options in linker doe not solve the problem.
There are no other *.ppu nor *.o from the package anywhere in the target PC.

Any ideas N?

Antonio.