[Lazarus] Improve message dialog
lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed May 9 14:50:14 CEST 2012
On 09/05/2012 10:02, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi Darius,
> On 8 May 2012 22:31, Darius Blaszyk<dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
>> One of my frustrations with the IDE have been when debugging record
>> or class variables. The data is truncated to 255 characters and it's
>> very difficult to find the appropriate variable within the structure.
>> I have now uploaded a patch
> I have been struggling with the same issue for a while. I tried your
> patch and love it!! Small and simple, yet very effective.
> If this doesn't get accepted, I'll definitely add it to my list of
> local Lazarus mods.
The idea is create
There is a better way to display objects than the treeview => the
"inspect" window has a nice grid that does this. It also handles events
better. The treeview shows ONE event, over several lines....
The inspect window though does need an edit-able input for the displayed
value. It should have a dropdown with history (much like the eval window)
Any way trying to find out a few facts:
- Does everyone know of the "inspect" window? (And that watches have a
context menu entry, to display them in the inspect window.
- Why do/would you prefer either of the 2 solutions?
Assuming the inspect window get's the following features:
- edit able, history dropdown for current value
- option to automatically follow the current selected watch
which of the following options is most preferable.
1) As in the patch treeview
2) As in the patch , but using the grid from inspect (keep the inspect
3) Use the existing inspect window (can be docked) with the "follow
current watch" option.
More information about the Lazarus