[Lazarus] RE : Displaying text with colour and insertion point

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 18 15:32:43 CEST 2012

On 18 May 2012 15:14, Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:

> So why did you not specify that in your message?  Or why didn't you
> reply to the message that offended you?

OK, now this is becoming ridiculous. Should I have replied to every of
Mark's 20 odd messages (in this thread alone) saying that he over
quotes to much! NO, I just replied to the last message he sent at that
time.

> In none of the messages in your screenshot you would need to scroll.

FFS I had to reduce my Chrome browser's zoom factor to 33% (100% is
normal text size) to take that screenshot. In this message thread and
in others, I need to scroll 99% of the time when Mark replies (using
my Chrome browser at the normal 100% zoom level). I simply got sick
and tired of this, and seeing that the mailing list moderator is not
doing his job, I thought I would say something. Simple netiquette is
known by most people - especially developers that partake in mailing
lists or news group discussions.

I hate scrolling, just to see what somebody said in their reply. So
often I wouldn't even bother following that thread after a few
messages like that. Other people, for example the visually impaired -
that use screen readers, would find it infinitely more annoying that
I!!

So a little bit of common decency (netiquette) goes a long way.

  - Graeme -