[Lazarus] RE : RE : Improve watches dialog [was: Re: Improvemessagedialog]

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri May 25 17:30:38 CEST 2012

Martin schrieb:

> So IMHO the IDE interface (which already provides methods to show
> windows (so the layout can be stored etc) must be extended. It needs a
> command that makes the window stay on top, and a function to provide the
> info, if that can be done.

I've many complaints on the management of the IDE windows, but I gave up
hope for a real improvement (refactoring).

As the most important issue I'd expect that *all* layouts are subject to
their own layout managers, i.e. *also* the undocked layout should get
its own manager. The many occurences of "if IDEDockMaster <> nil" or the
like in the IDE code should be replaced by true OO code.

DoDi