[Lazarus] how to install fpc trunk

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Nov 7 06:24:52 CET 2012

On 11/6/2012 03:48, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
[...]
> 1c. Next we get competing instructions from Marcos Douglas on how to do
> the same.... which is redundant.

FWIW: marcos' directions are the only ones that enabled me to get my winboxen
setup and operating from the SVN and updating from the SVN... the only thing
that i haven't gotten figured out is how to update FPC from the SVN and
recompile it without having to remove everything that already exists... yes, i
know that Lazarus would then need to be recompiled with the new FPC but...

> I tried to get this wiki page more into shape but I've given up.

i did add a couple of things in there to marcos' area... the main one i remember
was the clarification about creating the fpc.cfg file and what params were
needed... i haven't been back to the page in a while since my installs are
working... currently i've just been waiting on the new FPC releases to come out
and then pulling them into their own directory which i can then use...

> 2. Of course, if you are asking about FPC installation, the best
> reference is the FPC documentation, especially the Build FAQ:
> http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf
> ... though the FPC site documentation did not seem to mention that
> prominently...

one thing that many seem to forget is that everyone is conversant with the terms
used... i know that i was confused for quite a while when i attempted to do the
SVN pull and compile... i don't remember the specifics but i know that a lot of
terms and concepts were quite alien to myself coming from TP6/BP7...