[Lazarus] FPC Source Error: directory not found

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:38:07 CET 2012

Am 08.11.2012 14:14, schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
>>> I pointed directly to the fpc/rtl/ directory, still the warning rtl
>>> directory not fund.
>>
>> rtl is just one sub folder of fpc.
>> Point it to the fpc directory.
>>
>> Any suggestions how to improve the error message to make this more
>> clear?
>
> Something like "The directory you have selected does not contain
> subdirectories rtl, packages and so on." (don't use "etc." in this
> context).
>
> Could ppcXXX return its build directory? Then provided this existed
> and perhaps subject to other consistency checks the IDE could suggest
> it as the default.

So if I would send you a ppcross68k compiled on my development machine
and you would then ask it for it's build directory it would return
"/mnt/data/subversion/fpc-build". Would this help you in any way? I
think not... (and this is exactly what would happen if you'd use a
compiler provided through any package distribution, as you are not
normally building from within "/usr/lib" or whatever.

Regards,
Sven