[Lazarus] FPC Source Error: directory not found

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 17:17:54 CET 2012

Sven Barth wrote:

>> Could ppcXXX return its build directory? Then provided this existed
>> and perhaps subject to other consistency checks the IDE could suggest
>> it as the default.
>>

> So if I would send you a ppcross68k compiled on my development machine
> and you would then ask it for it's build directory it would return
> "/mnt/data/subversion/fpc-build". Would this help you in any way? I
> think not... (and this is exactly what would happen if you'd use a
> compiler provided through any package distribution, as you are not
> normally building from within "/usr/lib" or whatever.

Exactly: that's a case where it wouldn't help so could fall back to
something hardcoded. But for people who'd built locally from svn, from a
numbered release or from a daily snapshot it would get it right most of
the time. Of course, it wouldn't help weirdos like me who copy the
sources to /usr/lib/fpc/x.x.x/fpcsrc, but I expect that I'm a minority
in that.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk