[Lazarus] ODBC-problems

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:15:50 CET 2012

On 20-11-2012 15:06, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
> On 20-11-12 12:35, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> On 20-11-2012 12:23, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
>>> On 20-11-12 12:13, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> All the drivers are 64bit. I tried to install Firebird 32 bit but that
> seems not to work, I don't see a Firebird driver when I try to make a
> DSN.

> Maybe that's because I installed the 64-bit Firebird drivers ?
No. I've got both 32 bit and 64 bit Firebird ODBC drivers here.

(Wwhen I use FPC with FB I generally use the SQLDB interbae/Firebird
driver - but I can confirm both x86 and x64 Firebird ODBC drivers work
here e.g. using Access)

> Also Pervasive can't install 32-bit ODBC drivers.
>
> Well, I'll have to get a 32bit machine somehow (more exact :
> Windows-license for the machine).
- Why would that help with Pervasive if it can only run 64 bit ODBC
drivers anyway?
- Apparently on some Win7 editions, you can run a VM for x86 Win XP
(Virtual XP mode), which may work for you.

> Thanks for your help.
Hope you get it working.