[Lazarus] ODBC-problems

Koenraad Lelong lazarus1 at de-brouwerij.be
Wed Nov 21 12:46:50 CET 2012

Op 20-11-12 15:15, Reinier Olislagers schreef:

>> Maybe that's because I installed the 64-bit Firebird drivers ?
> No. I've got both 32 bit and 64 bit Firebird ODBC drivers here.
>
> (Wwhen I use FPC with FB I generally use the SQLDB interbae/Firebird
> driver - but I can confirm both x86 and x64 Firebird ODBC drivers work
> here e.g. using Access)

When I use Firebird, I use the native drivers. It was only a testcase to
see if ODBC works. But why a user DSN works and a system DSN does not is
a problem. Did you try that with Access ?

>> Also Pervasive can't install 32-bit ODBC drivers.
>>
>> Well, I'll have to get a 32bit machine somehow (more exact :
>> Windows-license for the machine).
> - Why would that help with Pervasive if it can only run 64 bit ODBC
> drivers anyway?

Pervasive does not install 32 bit on 64bit. 32 bit on 32 bit is no problem.

> - Apparently on some Win7 editions, you can run a VM for x86 Win XP
> (Virtual XP mode), which may work for you.

That would be a problem I think. I'm running Win7 as a VM on a linux host.

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong